2. F/O Robert Sinclair Milsom RNZAF NZ429356 – Pilot. confirmed – Keith Springer
6. F/L John Rees “Aussie” Layton, DFC, RNZAF, NZ425914 – Pilot. confirmed – Ric Rees
13. F/O Ronald Wynn Russell RNZAF NZ37220 – Pilot. confirmed – Noel Russell.
23. F/O Percival McDowell Johnston RNZAF NZ4215865 – Navigator. Wakelin crew. confirmed Sue Saunderson
36. F/O Francis Neville Selwood RNZAF NZ4215756 – Navigator. Russell crew. confirmed – Noel Russell.
39. Sgt. Bernard Stacey RAFVR – Rear Gunner. O’Malley crew. confirmed – Chris Evans
41. Sgt. Samuel Joseph Hughes, RAFVR 2218612 – Flight Engineer. Abrahams crew. confirmed – Graham Hughes
48. Sgt. Peter Carrie RAFVR – Flight Engineer. Lukin crew. confirmed – Kerry Major
54. Sgt. William ‘Bill’ Smith RAFVR – Flight Engineer. Milsom crew. confirmed – Keith Springer
56. F/O John Alexander ‘Rex’ Williamson RNZAF NZ4210049 – Mid Upper Gunner. Milsom crew. (to be confirmed – Keith Springer)
57. F/S Gilbert Randal Springer RNZAF NZ4213129 – Wireless Operator. Milsom crew. confirmed – Keith Springer
59. F/O Lancelot Osgood Waugh RNZAF NZ429021 – Air Bomber. Milsom crew. (to be confirmed – Keith Springer)
60. F/S Rex Baxter RNZAF NZ432738 – Navigator. Milsom crew. (to be confirmed – Keith Springer)
62. P/O Clive Woodward Estcourt, RNZAF, NZ391045 – Bomb Aimer. Layton crew. confirmed – Ric Rees
68. W/O John William ‘Jack’ Fisher RNZAF NZ4211617 – Wireless Operator. Adamson crew. (to be confirmed – Kevin Smith)
70. Sgt Reginald ‘Reg’ Smith RAFVR – Mid Upper & Rear Gunner. Adamson crew. confirmed – Kevin Smith
71. P/O Ta Tio Tuaine “Tai” Nicholas, RNZAF, NZ425658 – Wireless Operator. Layton crew. confirmed – Ric Rees
72. Sgt Thomas (Tom) ‘Paddy’ Benson RAFVR 1901416 – Rear Gunner. Lukin crew. confirmed – Brian Benson
73. F/S David Onslow “Jack” Light, RNZAF, NZ4212848 – Mid Upper Gunner. Layton crew. confirmed – Ric Rees
74. F/S Leslie Dixon “J” Moore, RNZAF, NZ421327 – Rear Gunner. Layton crew. confirmed – Ric Rees
77. F/O Kenneth William Rathbride Mitchell, RNZAF, NZ425700 – Air Bomber. Adamson crew. confirmed – Neil Mitchell
79. F/O Frank Wayland Gilbert, RNZAF, NZ4216287 – Bomb Aimer, Cox crew – confirmed by Nicki Mora
83. F/O John ‘Ted’ Smith RNZAF NZ428291 – Rear Gunner. Milsom , Carroll, & Westbrooke crew. confirmed – Keith Springer
88. F/Sgt Donald Arthur Day, RAFVR 1602082 – Navigator. Leadley crew. confirmed – Peter Day
90. F/O Victor Digger Hendry RNZAF NZ425570 – Air Bomber. Russell crew. confirmed – Noel Russell
93. Sgt. Jack Hunt RAFVR – Flight Engineer. Russell crew. confirmed – Noel Russell
A Fight pic 1945:
No 67 Reg Smith – Rear Gunner
No 65 John (Jack) Fisher I think
Both with the Adamson Crew
Happy New Year Simon, you are doing a fantastic job with this blog.
Think 46 might be my grandad F/E Peter Carrie (my mum agrees)? With Lukins crew.
13 is RW Russell, 36 is Nev Selwood. 87 Vic Hendry. 90 Jack Hunt. all part of Dads crew
At the time of this photo, my father Percival McDowell Johnston was navigator for Jack Wright.
11. S.L. John (‘Jack’) Leonard Wright. RNZAF. 405781 – Pilot (Also C.O. of ‘A’ Flight, I think) Lesley Hill
79. F/O Frank Wayland Gilbert, RNZAF, NZ4216287 – Bomb Aimer, T.C. Cox crew – confirmed by Nicki Mora
A flight March 1945 pic:
No 77 is my father, F/O Ken Mitchell, RNZAF NZ425700, Air Bomber, Monty Adamson Crew
many thanks for that Neil – your Father’s name and details have been added to the picture
No 43 in this image is my Great Uncle, Ronald William Makin. RNZAF NZ4212812 – Air Gunner.
Thanks for all your amazing work on this site.